Friday, May 13, 2011

I have not been updating my blog for a while now. For people who are still coming to my blog and getting disappointed, I’m sorry but I just need to deal with the changes in my life and blogging has taken a backseat.

There are a lot of changes since my last entry. I am still adapting to them but mostly so far so good. Some of my gym mates are already complimenting that I look happier these days. I guess for the most part, I find meaning in life again. I finally know what I am doing and what it is for.

I am really lazy to blog about my usual stuff eg where I go, what I eat, what did I do etc. I think I would be blogging less of such stuff and more on my thoughts in the future. I am turning 25 this year, and am no longer the girl I used to be when I started this blog. I had grown up, and am still growing up. My blog has to grow up with me.

Have a lot of realisations these days but I kinda forgot most of them. I think the most recent one I had was that people always assumes there are second chances. I am not sure how to say it so I am going to use an example. I got this realisation when I read that George Yeo is leaving politics.

I am going to leave the GE debate on its own (think I had expressed enough of my thoughts on my FB). But from the reports I read, I realised that most people assume that he will be running in the next elections again before he announced his retirement. People assume that he will be fighting again in the next GE and so it doesn’t matter if he loses this one. But obviously, that is not the case.

What I am trying to say here if you miss one chance, you may miss it forever. It is also in another subset of the big idea that we often take things for granted.

I suddenly realised that I have to embrace my youth (or whatever’s left) because I am never going to get it back. In short, I can’t keep wasting my time away.

This morning, when I was on the morning rush hour bus, I saw an elderly couple alighting from it. The man was having trouble walking and even had problems holding on to his walking stick and the handrail. The woman was plump with (sorry this is going to sound crude) sagging skin and flesh everywhere. They are the ones who had past their prime years. I realised that I don’t want to be like them 40 years down the road, looking back and said that I have never spent my youth well. This is definitely not what I want.

Another small realisation is that I know my parents are going to look like that in a couple of years. I have to start spending more time with them as well.

I guess all these ‘realisations’ are making me busy in a way. Packing my meetings with friends after friends, drinking sessions (hehe, but I don’t get drunk or high at all), gym sessions after gym sessions, taking as many dance classes as I could in gym and spending time with my parents. I am also in contact with some of my old friends recently, which makes me busier (hehe). I’m sorry if I haven’t met up with a lot of my friends but I am trying! I will try and find some time if I can!

Ok, shall blog again when I have another realisation. If I got time this week, I shall blog about a realisation that I have gotten a couple of months ago ==> Love Yourself first.

Cheerios.

ferngrass Loves her Break@12:14 AM | 0 comments