Monday, March 06, 2006

Shocked beyond words

CRASH WON THE OSCARS FOR BEST MOTION PICTURE!!!!!CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???

It was predicted for the front-runner BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!!! Gosh!!! Dark horse was ( I think) Walk the Line....omg. I can imagine the happiness for the crew of crash and the utter disappointment for Brokeback. Yes yes, brokeback got lots of honours(like getting the most nominations) but winning the best motion picture is like the biggest prize of all. And they didn't get it...so sad...

Arghz...and Felicity Huffman did not win the best actress...it went for Reese Witherspoon. Oh well. I am glad that Resse is finally getting some recognition for her work instead of being known as a girl who acts only in romantic comedies...and my Heath Ledger did not win the best actor too. Damn...

At least there are some good dress sense around...really pretty dresses. And my fave went to Keira Knightley again...I love her dress sense. And she is my age!!! Good job for someone who is going to the Oscars for the first time...

And the winners are:

Best Picture:
Brokeback Mountain
Munich
Capote
Good Night, and Good Luck
Crash

Best Actress:
Charlize Theron (North Country)
Judi Dench (Mrs Henderson Presents)
Keira Knightley (Pride and Prejudice)
Felicity Huffman (Transamerica)
Reese Witherspoon (Walk the Line)

Best Actor:
Heath Ledger (Brokeback Mountain)
Joaquin Phoenix (Walk the Line)
David Stratharin (Good Night, And Good Luck)
Terrence Howard (Hustle & Flow)
Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote)

Achievement in Directing: Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain)
Best Supporting Actor: George Clooney (Syriana)
Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardener)

Damn...some shows not showing in Sg...or else I would have watched. And I am not old enough for Brokeback mountain and Transamerica...)=

Dresses coming...


Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Jessica Alba, Zhang Ziyi, Felicity Huffman



And Keira Knightley!!!! I love her blings blings, love her dress and love her make-up. Woo Hoo!!!

Oh man, Oscars always have people turned out in their best huh? I wish I have one of these dresses. But then again, where do I wear them???

All pictures are from: http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/photos/gallery.html;_ylt=Amd9PiVwnBor2kVl4cKKNspiVLcF?id=48&type=primary&curr=1

Anyway, remember Sasha Cohen's pictures in my previous entry? I like this one too...



Gorgeous...there are more actually. =) Check it out at http://www.sashacohen.com/studioshots.shtml

And if anyone needs to know about figure skating alone...like all the jumps and what are those, go to this site:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/figureskating/inside.html?ch=3

Cheerios people...would probably post figure skating videos next...

I just can't get away from the topic.

ferngrass Loves her Break@5:29 PM | 0 comments